Thursday 30 December 2010

US - Poughkeepsie, New York

“I'm from Upstate NY, around Poughkeepsie/New Paltz area. Hardcore here at this point in time is pretty non existent. No venues, nothing. Next week is the first hardcore show going on here since like June. If I want to go to any good show I usually have to travel, which I don't have a problem with, gives me a chance to meet new people and see new things, but if I could just travel 20 minutes instead of 2+ hours to see a good show that would be awesome.

Like I said before, there aren't really any venues. There’s this one big place called The Chance Theater that actually has 3 different places inside it. It kinda sucks but it gets some good shows. For example, over summer Breakdown, All Out war and Death Threat played there. That was awesome. And in February Most Precious Blood and Incendiary are playing there.

There used to be this basement that my friends and I would book shows in but it got shut down recently. Huge bummer. I did some really good shows there, played some really good shows there and went to some really good shows there. Sucks it’s not around anymore.


There aren't really many good bands going on in this area right now. Only band I can think of is Colony, they're from Westchester which is like 45 minutes away but its close enough. They just got signed to Frequency Deleted Records and just released a 7". Check that shit out. They should be touring soon with Revenge I think so check them out on that too.


But on to zines, I used to do one called Dissed & Dismissed. Really simple, couple of interviews and some record reviews. Nothing special but it was cool while it lasted. I'm starting up a new one called Wardogs with the help of a few friends of mine. That should be cool, I'm using pretty much all the Dissed and Dismissed material plus a whole bunch of new stuff. I'm psyched. Other cool zines you should check out are Down to the Felt and Atlanta Youth Report. They're both real cool.


I think hardcore right now is pretty sweet. Listen to the Violent Side and United Youth if you haven't yet.


Back to Back Records is gonna be the best label in hardcore soon enough. Triple B too. Word.”

No comments:

Post a Comment