Saturday 10 April 2010

Art

I've decided to change the way that I use pictures on the blog...

I seem to spend a lot of time looking at photos of bands and after a while everybody just about looks the same. I'm pretty tired of seeing bands in dark alleyways staring moodily at the lens or dudes jumping in the air showing off their new nikes. This pretentious crap is killing hxc...

Cover art, flyers, logos and all the things that show talent and creativity are all different. Anyone can take a photo and it takes a second to do it. It takes people hours, days, weeks to make some of the art that makes hxc such a special culture.

I do understand that there are really talented photographers who document gigs brilliantly and I'll eventually profile each and every one of them and give them the credit that they deserve. But from now on I will not post band promotion photos and will only put up a live picture if it links to a gig or festival or shows the people in a hxc scene.

The graphics that you see are the dedicated work of artists and designers. This is my way of showing respect and saying thanks.

Also from 17/4/10 I'm going to start putting links to the artists under the work (if I can find them) and then I'll make contact to say I've posted it...

Any artists that wish me to profile their work in more detail should get in touch...

Feel free to email any thoughts about this to hcmorethanmusic@googlemail.com or leave a comment below...

PxU
Brian

1 comment:

  1. i got sevral of photo's from bands that tour here to my hometown...you wanna get those too, cause i can upload them for you?

    ReplyDelete