Saturday 3 July 2010

Costa Rica

I'm from San José, Costa Rica. The scene is decent, but shows are really really scarce now compared to how it used to be 4 or 5 years ago where you'd see local bands play every weekend, and fests would be done all time.
Unfortunately i don't see it getting back to what it used to be anytime soon, and sadly a lot of great bands I used to love are dead now.

I still think we are doing good since we are a really small third world country, and we get to see great bands from over the world from time to time. (For example DRI, who will be visiting us on August 1st, and I can't fucking wait.)

I haven't really been keeping up with local bands lately to be honest, but some i dig are:

El Oponente


Confrontación


Inersia


El Valor de Luchar


Teatromocracia



No Resolution


Solocarne
(broken up, but still awesome)

There are tons I can't remember off the top of my head...

diy labels:

Destiny recordings

Blackout Records


This is the only zine i know of:
BENEFICIO INTERNO


Vieja Escuela are also worth mentioning. They are a collective of people that organize and promote shows, they print shirts, stickers and buttons and have just been a really strong presence in the scene. They have been around for almost 10 years now.

No comments:

Post a Comment